The Core (High School)
The vision and purpose of The Core High School Ministry is to raise up a generation of young people who understand their value in the kingdom of God and are equipped to spread the news of the gospel as they step into the purpose and the calling that God has chosen them to fulfill. Our goal for each student is that they first of all come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and secondly that they do not stop there!! The Core High School Ministry at Good Shepherd Community Church (9th–12th grade) is a place where friendships are developed with God as the foundation! Our goal is to develop passionate followers of Christ while keeping a healthy balance between fun and spiritual discipleship. We believe that teenagers have been chosen by God to be ministers to their peers, their families, their church and the world. With God their potential is limitless!
As we partner with families to help students learn more about God, it is our hope that your high schooler will learn:
- I’m created to pursue a relationship with my creator.
- I trust what Jesus did to transform who I need to become.
- I exist to demonstrate God’s love to those around me.
Sunday Morning Class
- After worship in the main auditorium at the 9am, 11am, and 1pm services, high school students meet in the Servant Leader Lounge for a time of teaching and fellowship.
- This is a class where students will learn about the heart of God for their generation; a place where students can come and be renewed, encouraged and inspired to live a life of love and obedience to God.
Wednesday Night Youth Service
- Doors open at 6 pm
- Praise and Worship begin at 6:30.
- Students are presented a powerful message followed by small group discussion and other activities. You don't want to miss out!
Would you life to join our team?
If you would like to get involved, please let us know by completing the NextGen Ministry Application and Background Check form and we will contact you with more information.
Download the NextGen Ministry Application HERE.